I travelled South America for 9 month. It took me a while to figure out which cloths and stuff I should take on my trip different climate zones and a lot of adventures off road were waiting for me. When I heard that in some countries it’s not possible to buy tampons I was worried. By the time I calculated how many tampons I have to take on my 9 month trip I figured out it would fill my whole carry on bag.
And then a friend told me about the Lady Cup. I was waiting my whole life for an invention like this.
When I used the Lady Cup the first time it was kind of strange. Especially putting it out of my body and actually seeing all this blood in the toilette. But after some time I got used to it. And I realized there are only good things to say about the Lady Cup.
- Because of the material it’s possible to leave the Cup inside over night without risking an infection.
- I actually feel when I have to empty the Cup.
- Putting it in and out doesn’t hurt no matter what day of my period.
- Using it helps also the environment – lifetime of up to 15 years.
- Easy disinfection – 3-5 minutes in boiling water.
- And the best part: The material feels so natural that sometimes I am forgetting that I have my period.
Six years ago it was quite difficult to buy the Lady Cup in stores. There was only one pharmacy in my hometown which sold it. Today it’s possible to buy it online on Amazon or direct on the website. By the way Lady Cup is a brand. There are more menstrual cups available.
After using the lady cup for 6 years I am convinced every woman should have one no matter if she is travelling or not. Every day life became so much better for me. I would never go back to use tampons any more.